Monday, December 1, 2008

HD

Ok, I don't mean to be so... obsessed. But I keep noticing things related to this 3d 'craze.' My friend just finished her CPA exams, and as a treat to herself, got a flat screen High Definition TV. When I was looking at TVs with her, it struck me; HD is kindof another form of 3d. The purpose of both is to create a more realistic image, but with very different approaches! I find it fascinating that society is going to such great lengths to make these images, which are mostly fabricated and not real, into 'realistic' scenes through the television screen. 

And then comes the question: is this a good thing? Is it good that we are making arbitrary and unrealistic images and situations into reality? We invest an enormous amount of money and time developing and enjoying this technology, but what do we do in the actual world?

No comments: