Monday, October 20, 2008

Recycled Design

This summer I moved to Portland, leaving behind all of my non-inspiring and somewhat decrepit Eugene furnishings. After perusing craigslist for a couple days, I found it; a clawfoot tub for practically free! Since my bathtub in the apartment wasn't clawfooted, I decided to use it for seating. It was quite the adventure, and it took much longer than expected to complete, but here it is!




Turns out this isn't an entirely original idea, however. 

When showing it off for the first time, my friend said something like "How 'Breakfast at Tiffany's' of you!" I thought I'd seen the movie before... it was funny though, to see how influenced I am, even if it is at a subconscious level. Curious to see if there were others out there, I 'googled' it, and here's what I found:


The best part is that the sofa above is sold for about $4000. Yikes. This site had lots of other neat 'recycled' designs. Check it out at reestore.com

No comments: